Existing Member?

Peterstravels Leave nothing but footprints take nothing but photos and remember that souvenir is being carried for over 10000 miles!!

Time to leave the city's behind

ARGENTINA | Thursday, 4 March 2010 | Views [499]

I found out why Monday was a holiday, it was because the new President was being sworn in. Pepe is the second consecutive left wing president and the people seem to love him and the left. The word on the street was Pepe Muy Bien! which I think means he's OK. The flags and crowds seemed to bear this out.

The other picture are of Montevideo itself and the 11 hour bus journey back to BA. I took the bus so that I could see some more of the countryside. There seems a good agricultural industry and the land and animals seemed to be well cared for. In fact Uraguay seems to have a lot more pride and money in it's appearance. The slums and shanty towns of Argentina were not evident in Uraguay not even in the city. Uraguay is bigger than england, has a population of 3 million of which about half live in Montevideo.

Back in BA just a few shots in general. I also had a ride on the underground route A which still uses the original 1920's rolling stock, the old was just as comfortable or uncomfortable as the new stock! There are 3 photos of the Ricolata cemetry, the black one is Eva Parons grave.

I'm now leaving BA and the big cities behind (Next big city is Santiago next Month) as I take an overnight bus (12 Hours)down to Viedma to catch a train over to Bariloche abour 15 Hours. But don't worry I've book a bed on both. Yes these buses over here have fully recliding seats that turn into a bed just like first class in the air industry but at a fraction of the price.

Next update will not be until at least Sunday as I'm on the move til then. I'm hoping for some lakes and mountains by then

About peterlee54

8 Cap Roc - Western most point

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.