Existing Member?

Peterstravels Leave nothing but footprints take nothing but photos and remember that souvenir is being carried for over 10000 miles!!

Wide Avenues,Friendly People and the smell of Sewage!

ARGENTINA | Thursday, 25 February 2010 | Views [293] | Comments [1]

So the sun has come out and the weather is supurb! B.A. is lovely, for a city. Some of the buildings are magnificent and the wide avenues give a feeling of space. This is good as some of the back street smell a bit! Another problem I have found is that crossing 14 lanes of traffic on foot can be a bit of a problem. I just wait until one of the locals goes look straight forward and keep going! It worked well untill last night when they have a nasty trick. At 7pm some of the one way roads change direction! yep all days they come from one way then to trick the Gringo's they come at you from the other way at night!

I tried to get out of the city for a couple of hours each day on the local train but in fact after 1 hour it was still built up! But I did get to Tigre which is a resort area on the delta of the Paranana river where it meet the rio Plata (river plate, of war fame) Sorry don't mention the war!

Photos to day are general B.A. plus some Tigre and A bus or two

So far all is well everyone is friendly even if they don't speak any english, except for a spaniard who complained I kept him awake with my snoring! Tough!

Comments

1

It's still exciting then! Don't go near Chile, it's dangerous. The photos are great, this is a really good idea. Even if I can't go, it's a bit like being there. Al goes to Dubai this week.
Look forward to hearing about the next stop.

Look after yourself.
Love Susan
X

  Susan Feb 27, 2010 9:29 PM

About peterlee54

8 Cap Roc - Western most point

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.