Existing Member?

Peps and Pete Travels "On pleasure bent again"

The UK

UNITED KINGDOM | Saturday, 21 April 2007 | Views [475]

Pete and I parted company in the Uk - a "scheduled break". I went to see my great Aunt who lives in a little village while Pete caught up with Brett and got aquainted with the London Pub Scene!

My Aunt lives in the village where AA Milne lived, so I visited Pooh Corner, 1000 Acre forest and got to see Christopher Robins house. As an added bonus, I got to see (from the road) the house where the latest Pride and Prejudice was filmed. Alas not my preferred 5 hour BBC version, but nonetheless... A nerd, I know!

Petes sightseeing took place on the walk from one pub to the next... and if it did not fall between two pubs it was not considered worth seeing - except for the Tower of London and some Navy Warship (it had big guns!) which warranted a special trip!

Afetr 3 days we met up again, and made for Edinburgh. We were on our way to visit friends -Keenan and Selene. Once we arrived in Edinburgh we immediatley found a pub (the cricket was on) and waited for K-man and Selene to finish work. We stayed at their flat - hooray for home cooked meals and no drunken 18 year olds which seem to accompany every dorm room!

It was really good to see mates from home, and we did also visit Edinburgh Castle and did a tour of the tunnels underneath parts of Edinburgh. But our primary reason was to see friends, and it was great catching up!

Tags: Friends

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.