Existing Member?

Peps and Pete Travels "On pleasure bent again"

More Mayan Ruins

HONDURAS | Wednesday, 28 February 2007 | Views [547] | Comments [1]

Copan Ruinas is a little village right on the Guatemalan border that´s main attraction are the nearby ruins. The ruins are not as impressive as Tikal, but there are far more stone carivg here, so I think comparison with Tikal is unfair. 

The ruins are about 1km from the town, so we walked out there and had a look around. The carvings are truly amazing, especially as they have survived the weather for all these centuries.

The village is great too, a less busy and much smaller version of Antigua. The people here are friendly, the food is cheap and tasty, and we found the best coffee of the trip (quite a find, as even though Coffee is grown all around the region, making a decent cuppa seems to be a challenge).

We are heading to Peru now, so please keep reading to find out more... Farewell to Central America such an interesting place!

Tags: Culture

Comments

1

Did you head out in Roatan? Did you partake in the Sundowners. Purple Turtle, Twisted Toucan and Black Pearl Pub crawl?

Fully sux about the weather you got! Roatan is a beautiful place.

  Brendan Mar 5, 2007 9:51 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Honduras

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.