Existing Member?

Peps and Pete Travels "On pleasure bent again"

Chillin´ in the Carribean

HONDURAS | Wednesday, 28 February 2007 | Views [606]

Roatan is located on the 2nd longest reef in the world, after the Barrier reef, so we were excited about the snorkeling we could do. You can do PADI open water dive courses here for about $200 for 5 days, but that was not possible on our budget, so we had to content ourselves with snorkeling. 

Roatan is a liitle more pricey than other places where we have been, but luckily our only plans involved sitting on a beach and swimming in the sea. Sadly for us, the first 3 days there were a loss - the rain that had plagued us while travelling was part of a front which lasted 3 days. We were unable to swim or snorkel, so we just read and slept. We also got laundry done - but we forgot that this is unreliable honduras - at first there was no electricity (for about 6 hours) and then there was no water. The poor woman running the laundromat - there cant be that many essentials to a good launromat, but power and water are certainely 2 of them.

The snorkeling was good - we did manage to get 3 days of snorkeling - and the reef was rigt on the beach.  There was only 1 day where the beach looked like Bondi on Christmas, but it was a cruise ship that had docked, and they had all left by 1pm.

All in all, Roatan was pretty cruisy and chiled out with a good beach and great snorkeling!

Tags: Beaches & sunshine

 

 

Travel Answers about Honduras

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.