Existing Member?

You Hate Us Cuz You Ain't Us

Yo soy Iron Man

COLOMBIA | Thursday, 8 January 2015 | Views [365]

Alas, the bus ride from Medellin to Armenia (large city closest to Salento, our destination) was much better. First of all, the movie of choice was Iron Man 3, which was entertaining even in badly dubbed Spanish. 

 
The ride wasn't freezing either. It lasted for about 8 hours. We arrived in Armenia and then took yet another bus (this one was local --only about 25 min in length) to Salento. Hostel that we'd hoped to stay in was booked, but the boy at the desk recommended one down the street called Las Palmas which is where we ended up staying. The place smelled like Gremmom's basement, and our room ended up being around the corner from the place, as in the door opened right from the street. The room was hilarious and provided a lovely night's sleep. 3 beds in there, each one with intense comforters detailing nature scenes (i.e. Lions and tigers and bears). Faux majesty, it was perfection. 
 
For dinner we ate at a place called Eliana's which served traditional Colombian cuisine... And Indian curry. Upon paying I had a chat with the owner Jésus about the World Cup and out respective national teams. He is Spanish and hates the Spanish national team. Says they are too political and that's why they suck right now. Anyone who is "in with the right people" as opposed to being a talented footballer, can be on the team. He wished the USA well in Russia 2018, and then we left.
 
Back in our hostel, it was the first time the whole trip that I slept straight through the night.

Tags: buses, salento

About peacepigs


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Colombia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.