Existing Member?

Paul and Pete backpacking in Asia Follow us on our big adventures!

Arambol, Goa

INDIA | Wednesday, 17 April 2013 | Views [1068]

So, after a taxi, 2 trains and a rickshaw we arrived back in Goa! This time we opted to visit Arambol (north Goa). Due to our tight itinery we knew we only had 2 nights here which was a shame as we really liked the place. We found some nice accomodation 5 minutes from the beach. Although it was still hot, we found that arambol was a lot less humid! This was great for me and pete as we are both big sweaters! On our first day we got talking to 2 argetinian girls at the beach who had been studying in india. They invited us to go into town in the evening to the night market. It was a great night with loads of stuff going on. There was a stage with live music, great food and plenty of drinks. Needless to say after a beer or 6 we were up there. We learnt some great cheesey dance moves from the Indian guys! Pete got home to find a bad ass spider waiting for him on his bed! We had to work as a team to fix that problem!

On our next day we visted the clear lake about a 20 minute walk from our beach. We also visted the big banyan tree, another 20 minute trek into a wooded area. This tree is famous with the hippies gathering in chillum circles! Arambol in general still carry's a very hippie vibe. We figured this was going to be our last day on a beach for a couple of months until Thailand at the end of june, so we made the most of it and lounged in the sun and ate more great food. At sunset we discovered the local brandy ... honeybee. A 60 ml shot with coke for a pound. Delicious and deadly! In the night we went to a jam session and listened to some great live music. Then to a trance party at a beach cafe but it never really got going. Good job as we were both getting a bit roudy so we decided to call it a night!

And so our big journey north begins ... first with a long overnight bus up to Mumbai then onward travel to Udaipur in Rajasthan. Oh yeah, I finally had my clothes washed so am feeling fresh and ready to go!

Tags: beaches, great food, sunsets

 
 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.