Existing Member?

Paul and Pete backpacking in Asia Follow us on our big adventures!

Bali Babyyy

INDONESIA | Monday, 9 September 2013 | Views [1204]

 

It took us the best part of a day to arrive in Bali as we had a 4 hour stop over in Jakarta airport. I was here back in 2010 and knew there was only one area we were gonna stay. Kuta! We found a triple room in a place called Suka Beach Inn that was recomended to us by one of our friends we met in Laos. It was a nice big hotel that had a pool for some day time chilling. After checking in we went straight to Mcdonalds for a scoff before heading out on the town. Kuta is hectic at the best of times but with it being the high season we found the place was heaving. Especially the first bar we went into called Alleycats that does quadrouple vodka redbulls for 15,000 rupiah (£1). Quite reasonable I thought! We finished that evening in the legendary sky garden lounge that has 3 floors and about 7 different rooms to dance in. It got messy, lets just leave it at that.
We had big idea's to actually do some stuff (surfing, white water rafting,visiting the waterpark) whilst in Bali rather than just partying but it's easier said than done. Each day we found ourselves laying on the beach slowly sobering up from the night before with no energy to do anything other than eat!
So as it turned out we ended up just partying for 3 nights then chilling on the beach the next day. Memorable events include a free all you can drink in sky garden between 9 and 10. We took advantage of this on our second night! At on point Mike fancied himself as a pole dancer and climbed about 25 foot in the air on a pole in Bounty nightclub. His ascent was much better than his descent as he hit the floor hard and gained a nice bruise on his leg for his efforts.
One night we took a taxi to a party in south kuta where we met up with one of my old mates Liz who's been travelling in asia for a bit longer than us. The place was rammed and was playing some decent house music so it was right up our street! After a few hours we sloped off and headed back to Kuta to continue with the night. Bounty and sky garden again, same same.
On our last night we decided to take it easy (on booze) and headed to an all you can eat ... again at Sky garden. They really had some good cutom out of us! For 50, 000 rupiah we all filled our bellies to the brim on some delicious food then headed home and had a lads night in watching a movie ... The President with Will Farrell. Hilarious!
Early the next morning me and mike checked out and headed to the airport to catch a domestic flight to Labuan Bajo in Flores with one thing on our minds... Scuba diving! And Komodo Dragons! Ok so thats two. Our pete decided it wasnt for him so we left him in bali and arranged to meet again in a week or so in the Gili Islands to finish our south east asia trip. Next stop Komodo National Park!

 

Tags: beaches, bintang, parties, sky garden!, sun sets

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Indonesia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.