Existing Member?

L ... I ... V ... I ... N ... Just Livin ...

ITS A WRAP !

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 7 May 2008 | Views [587]

Well well well ...After 3 months ,5 countries , 5 different languages , 5 different exchange rates and about 150 hours on buses , 10 hours on boats , 20 hours on trains , 20 hours in the air ... our South East Asian sojourn has come to an end.

Since i journaled last time we flew from Laos to Chaing mai in the north of Thailand . Spent a good solid week hangin out and the weather was super toasty. I saw Chaing Mai as a city of Thailand like none i had seen before. A very chilled out sort of city tucked away in the North in close proximity to the people and landscape of its Northern neighbours .

Spent a day on a tour which turned out to be quite the adventure visiting about 5 different tribal villages , a buddhist cave and a snake farm . It was all really great except for the part where we learned that a lot of the village people were not actually from the area , but were in fact brought in for the sake of tourism . Still lots of fun had of course.

On the last day in Thailand we finally got round to doing a cooking course , something we had thought about doing 3 months back and finally managed to make it happen. It was of course a lot of fun making overall about 7 different dishes , eating it all and getting very full and of course meeting some really nice people. Would highly recommend it to anyone who visits as there are loads on offer.

And so it was from here the journey South begun. Flew out and back into KL in Malaysia for a couple of days . Sort of splashed out, $30 a night,  on a hotel in the middle of the chinatown market. Did not do a whole lot other than a bit of last minute shopping before getting back on the plane and flying back into Aus.

So here we are ... back in Aus , Melbourne actually. Spent a couple of days visiting the ones i love the most in Brisbane and will now spend a couple of days in the beautiful city of Melbourne trying to acclimatise for whats ahead ... NZ. Looking back on an the amazing adventures of Asia it seems like it was a much longer time than 3 months seeing so many places and having so many amazing experiences ... and the adventures dont stop there with a whole new adventure just waiting to jump into ...

Well for now I must say big love to you all and i look forward to coming to you from across the ditch ...

Enjoy !

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.