Existing Member?

L ... I ... V ... I ... N ... Just Livin ...

MMM ... CAMBODIA ... I CAN SMELL IT

THAILAND | Saturday, 1 March 2008 | Views [783]

Coming to you live from a pleasant little town known as Trat . Trat is located on the East coast of Thailand right down in the corner next to the border of Camdodia (about 90km away). A little treasure this town is , which is probably something to do with its location near the coast and the fact it does not seem to see much passing traffic . In what seems the older part of town where the accomodation seems to lie , the streets are narrow and the buildings constructed out of old timber (what looks like weathered teak) which gives it a feeling that it holds onto its history well.

The night markets last night were feast for all the senses with loads of the usual fruit and veg plus some sweet delights like banana rolled in sticky coconut rice and wrapped in banana leaves and cooked over hot coals till the leaves are crispy and the whole package is warmed through . Oh and how could i forget the bag of sticky coconut rice and a whole mango for $2 ! Last night was quite the party as there was a stage set up in the main street with a number of bands stepping up to the plate and everyone obviously enjoying themselves .

Would love to linger a little longer in Trat but the adventures of Cambodia are calling , so tomorrow its back on the road North before crossing the border probably on Monday .

This is the last time you will here from Thailand Ekspress , so if you dont mind me saying , its been an absolute pleasure and look forward to talking again on the other side !

Hoping all your hearts are filled with warmth and your smiles are of the fuzzy style !

Have fun all , and of course ... Enjoy !

Tags: On the Road

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.