Existing Member?

L ... I ... V ... I ... N ... Just Livin ...

LOVEABLE LAOS

LAOS | Monday, 7 April 2008 | Views [1029]

School bus ... Vientiene

School bus ... Vientiene

Hello again beautiful people ! Currently in Vientiene , the capital of Laos at the moment , and for me personally , this country so far is an absolute treasure . A little gem some might say . Only been in the country for a few days now and i must say i am thoroughly enjoying every day of it . I am baffled at how a country tucked away between the likes of Thailand , Cambodia , Vietnam and China can be so chilled . Vientiene , the capital is a fine example . I am sure i have never visited a capital city that is so so relaxed . People dont seem to ever beep their horns which i think contributes largely to the peaceful nature of this city . There are barely even any touts either pushing their business , so a stroll through the quiet streets can seem a little odd at first , after coming from a place like Vietnam anyway .

The sun has been shining , the food has been ever so tasty , the people dont stop smiling and the goodtimes just keep rollin . This is one country that is delivering in so many ways . Its very unfortunate to learn that Laos is one of the most bombed countrys in the world and that it may take 100 years or more to make the entire country UXO free . It seems such a young country compared to its neighbours and this issue maybe partly to blame . Whatever the reason the for its youthful laidback attitude , it remains a place to kickback , enjoy and explore .

I have a couple of weeks here so i look forward to checkin back in and posting some photos of the adventures that lie ahead .

Hope your all smiles party people and that life is shining on you in all its glory ... take care , and

Enjoy ! 

Tags: highlight

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Laos

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.