Existing Member?

L ... I ... V ... I ... N ... Just Livin ...

LOVE TO STAY

LAOS | Wednesday, 23 April 2008 | Views [617] | Comments [1]

Well Luang Prabang has turned out to be one place i would love to settle down in , and i must admit at times it has strangely felt like home . A town tucked away up in the mountains of northern Laos surrounded by jungle hosting caves to explore , elephant camps and even waterfalls . Not to forget the fact that it sits on the banks of the mighty Mekong river leaving it open to explore the region by kayak or even bamboo raft passing only the occasional fisherman.

The people here are super fun too . Went to a performance by some fun kids at the childrens cultural centre which turned out to be very entertaining . Had a live band playing traditional music to lots of song and dance and a puppetshow .

Ventured outside of town to the Kuang si waterfall the other day which was a blessing with the weather being so hot lately . It turned out to be a really cool place to swim and hang out in . Situated in the hills about 30km south of town the water was close to freezing but really refreshing.

Today it was off to a remote school to drop off some pencils , school books and reading books . Unfortunately for the teacher we arrived during his lunchtime power nap , the kids soon woke him on our arrival and everyone was very happy .

Overall their seems to be always something going on in this town which will of course make it harder to leave but much easier to come back to . Leaving tomorrow so gonna get out there and enjoy whats left .

Hope you are full of smiles and goodtimes wherever you are and whatever you are doing ... till next time ...

Big love and Enjoy !

 

Comments

1

Hi, We are travelling to Laos for around a month this July with our 3 young kids and we are very interested in visiting the 'remote school' you mentioned (with stationary etc). Would you please let us know what it is called, how you got there and how you found it?
Thank you very much.
Kind regards,
Inge

  Inge Light May 31, 2008 10:19 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Laos

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.