Existing Member?

A Couple's Encounters

Noosa - James' Birthday

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 28 September 2012 | Views [356]

Friday morning the 28th Sept Mr. Duggan woke to the smell of fresh homemade pancakes with chocolate, fresh strawberries and cream, YUM!  It was his 27th birthday.  Next up opening presents.  The controversial PJ shorts were a hit.  All the critics were officially proven wrong.  Alice’s comment ‘The only PJs John has are one’s he got from his mother sometime’ was ringing in my head in the week leading up to the big reveal.  According to the girls in work PJ shorts are the new big present for boyfriends and they were right James loved it.  Bam, one for the home team!   I skived off work at lunch that day and we drove up the coast to Noosa for the long weekend.  Belgian chocolate swirl cheesecake in hand for a weekend of indulgence eating and drinking. 

 

Saturday morning we were up bright and early for part two of James’ birthday – jet skiing.  We rocked up thinking James would drive and I would sit of the back.  The guy who owned the rental shop offered us a second jet ski for half price so we thought sure why not.  Best decision ever.  I was a little shaky at the start but then got right into it.  Riding out over the waves on Noosa bar was brilliant.  We had 35 minutes free styling out in the ocean and it was amazing.  The weather was fab and we were having the time of our lives.

 

Sunday the weather got a bit drizzly so we rented a little console boat to drive up the river on our own little cruise.  It was most definitely a cruise as the console went about 2 miles an hour.  We got beached a couple of times when we got adventurous thinking we could go a bit too near the edge of the river.  James had to get our in the water and push the boat back out.  Funny to look back on not so funny at the time!!

 

Monday started off with a bit of rain so we threw on our rain coats and off up to Alexandra headland across to the beach we went.  Lovely walk with fab ocean views.  We found out since that the beach we landed out on is normally a nudist beach.  No nudists sighted on the day!

Tags: birthday, boat, cake, fun, jet skiing

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.