Existing Member?

thewheelsonthebusgo 'Seize the pleasure at once' - Jane Austen.

Port Augusta

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 29 May 2008 | Views [536]

Dave and I gave Nic a surprise visit for his birthday on 20th May (which also happens to be my mum AND my dad's birthday).  We told Joanne that we were coming - figured that was kind of important seeing as how they have 5 children!!!!!

Had a great time with the adults and the kids and Annie their orphan nappy-wearing lamb.  We played Cranium, watched The Vicar and Blackadder and ran around on 2 acres of lovely desert with the kiddies, towards the magic door leading to Narnia, fed the chooks and hoisted up Dave's homemade flag for the kids to mark their fort.

On the culinary side of things, we were introduced to some of Nigella and The Naked Chef's recipes.  Mmmmm...  ("A Tablah").  And we drank freshly brewed coffee, Swiss Coffee and Buddha's Tears.  Very spoiled!

Our school bus was put to proper use, as on several days we dropped off the kids at school and picked them up afterwards.  (Tess was very proud to be of use again to the community).

We even managed to see a dolphin while we were there, climb the water tower, go to the Arid Lands Botanic Gardens and take the kids to the skate park to use the 'slide' and celebrate Angus' 7th birthday :)

Tags: nic & joanne & the gang

About onthebus


Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.