Existing Member?

Out and About

Quepos

COSTA RICA | Tuesday, 27 May 2008 | Views [508]

Save to say, julia made it. I was extremely worried since it past 6 o´clock and i didn´t hear from her or see her (there was suppose to be a 2 o´clock bus but then i hear it was cancelled or there was none, not toos ure). She didn´t arrive at the hostel until around 9 pm and went i came upon her she was surrounded by a bunch of backpackers who had helped her find her way to the hostel. She got extremely lost and a bunch of other things happened to her (those are her stories that she must tell you all). Anyways before heading to Quepos I was in San Jose for a night at Tranquillo backpackers a nice place and made a few friends. It´s not a terrible city that everyone describes it as. It is extremely busy and full of people but i kind of liked it. Many shops and cafes surround the parque central - i really wanted to go shopping tons of stuff on discount. Just like in Toronto with those ugly moose all over the place San Jose had Cows! large cows everywhere painted by diff artist and brought to you by the local companies. And of course some were damaged by the locals. Upon coming back from a little walk int he city some backpackers informed us that a guy was jumped and robbed just not 2 mins b4 we came around! Phew! so far nothing that horrible has happened to me (cross my fingers). I didn´t have to get up that early that next day (decided to take the 12 direct to Quepos) but I guess since i was excited to meet up with julia that i hardly slept. I kept waking up all night (esp. since there was one girl who talked outloud in her sleep - she kept yelling). On the bus i met a guy named Drew from Denver. The bus ride wasn´t that long but seemed like it. The bridges to Quepos were really sketchy, but i made it. The hostel was all the way at the end of the road (or as Julia put it an alley). Quepos isn´t a grand place but it´s cheaper to stay there then in the Manuel Antonio area. The next day we decided to head to the national park. Julia wanted to snorkle alot but since the weather that weekend wasn´t good we didn´t go. Instead we got a guide along with drew and this guy Aaron (from utah) and went to see the monkeys and sloths. I had to leave early so the next day at 6 am i left for san jose. Julia was going to get picked up by a private service to La fortuna so we said our goodbyes...or tried to she was still half asleep. So on  Monday from 6am till 430 pm i was on a bus. <I travelled 10 hours on the bus from the Pacific coast to the Carribean coast of Costa rica. And then i had to lift my pack up that damn hill. Which i cannot believe took me about 15-20 mins... i think it was cause i sat all day that i was able to do that. Upon my return there was 12 volunteers already up at Kekoldi. Majority of them are Americans and a couple of canadians (a newfie (i asked her if it was alright ot call her that she said yep) and a mississauga girl). Majority of them were females. We all have been having loads of fun, they are volunteering with ISV doing a 2 week volunteer stint and then 2 week adventure tour. Last week we headed to Cahuita and the national park there (which i hope to get back to cause i did not spend that long there) most of us got sunburnt (not i of course, but i am alot more golden brown). We also went to this place call pizza n´love where all the tables had the words ¨where the mushrooms are magical¨. The resturant is owned by a quebecois so Poutine was on the menu. Alas i did not get that... instead got pizza, everyone was craving for some westernized food. We have been working on trails all over the rainforest and planting trees. Tomorrow we head to the recycling centre to help them out sort the plastic. Oh the volunteers... none of them believe me about that naglene is bad for you and that with a number 7 the plastic leaches into the water.. none of them believe me. they think i believe everything i read... oh well.. So i am actually working now. but of course i eat too much so..i am thinking of extending my trip til mid august (i will still be home intime for kat´s wedding). It all depends on my bank account. anyways i only have 5 more mins left on my account. i will have another update this weekend since i am going to spend a couple of days here in P.Viejo.

ciao

About o0eva0o


Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Costa Rica

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.