Existing Member?

Out and About

<still alive

COSTA RICA | Saturday, 17 May 2008 | Views [793]

<its been a few weeks since my last post. <letäs see what has happened, a new volunteer has joined me, <tom a young brit. what else ohh today new ppl will also be joining us about 12 or so. <however iäm in <san jose leaving for Quepos around 12 to meet up with julia.< hopefully she gets there alright <sheäs a bit nervous and shouldnät be. <iäts fine. <ohh on my way to san jose though, ugh on my way here we were stuck outside of s.j (about 30 mins) due to a car accident involving 6-7 trucks (big ones). <ohhhh forgot to mention yes i went to gandoca and <yes I SAW A LEATHERBACK TURTLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it was amazing. beautiful and breath taking. the eggs are huge and well teh turtle, her shell was about 150cm so taller then me for sure. i was amazed how delicate she was at creating her nest for her turtles. it was just great.. itäs too bad your not allowed to take photos unless you have a speacial red flash, flashes micmic the moon and the turtles use the moon to navigate so if they see flashes they get confused and do not lay their eggs.

When i got back the children decided to play a little trick on me. <<<<<<<<<they told me this plant was a natural insect repellent. that i should rub it all over me. <good think i asked about it cause it seems itäs a natural dye and would dye my skin the next day black or blue. i hacve a natural tattoo now of a bird. <its already kind of fading, suppose to last about 2 weeks. but i heard that daniel this guy who works at kekoldi, told a volunteer that trick (about how itäs a natural repellent) she rubbed it >ALL OVER. not a  pretty sight i was told.

<Itäs kind of weird iäm in a normal hostel with electricity and all and i had the worse sleep. perhaps itäs the excitment of seeing julia or whatnot but i kept waking up all night but iäm not that sleepy. <Iäm hoping to b4 heading on to the bus to do a little shopping here in san jose. i need clothes. iäm starting to gain weight. the food here well in kekoldi is too good. i get pancakes pretty much every morning. ohhh but good thing is with new volunteers the main project is beginning.

Since <tom has joined me we have been doing a little maintenance in the rain forest. <that means people, eva has been using the machete to chop up trees!!! yes i have and iäts fun, cept for the blister and hitting myself with the handle (tom slit his femur). so when i get back from my little weekend away i will be sweating it cause we are making a new trail near the lodge. the only thing i am dreading at this moment is the 8 - 9 hour trip back to kekoldi and the hike up.starting my journey at 6 am from quepos to san jose. joy joy joy.

Has anyone received my postcards-letters? itäs been over a month now please say yes. anyways iäll prob do another post while waiting for burma girl in quepos. later

About o0eva0o


Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Costa Rica

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.