Existing Member?

Out and About

21 and plus mosquito bites later...

CANADA | Saturday, 19 April 2008 | Views [449]

Okay so as the title said over 21 mosquito bites, a couple of spider bites and some red marks on my arm. Oh and did i mention the heat rash? That's actually going away now (been a week at least). Hello all, hope all is well in Toronto? I hear that it's nice and hot there now. It's been raining pretty much everyday or so here in the rainforest. I have never ever seen or heard this much rain in my life. I went to bed around 8 and woke up at 5 to rain again. I did wake up periodically during the evening and yes rain. I could not believe it. But there it is. I have seen Spiders the size of my hand, a sloth in a tree! and a bunch of other things. The spider scared the hell out of me but i did not scream. I have learned to ask one of hte kids to quietly go get rid of it. Yes a child. The kids that live near me are 11, 9, and 3. The 9 year old girl, she is almost the size of me cept she is way stronger, she lifted a picnic table! Not sure if i mentioned it. But i am the lone volunteer at my program. There are suppose to be a group of people coming soon but not exactly sure when and how old they are, I think majority of them are studying birds here. Hmm what else is there to mention. I did go into a BriBri town called Shiroles (i think that's how you spell it). Took about 2 hours or so to reach the little town. It was a nice little trip. Maritza, my Costa Rican mother had grown up there and wanted to visit her niece and nephew and with the new baby they had. The road there was beautiful, trees the size of buildings etc.. and of course the many eyes of the ppl just looking at me. Staring at my pale and red marked skinned. Couple of them laughed at me and of course i joined "pica". So while I was introduced to the family and everyone was just talking her nephew brought a bag with some piglets in it. And then it dawned on me. We were not just coming to see the family but also get a pig. So there was Maritza on the chicken bus with a pig in a gym bag. Lovely!

But i think that's it for now kids. Until not sure when... since i don't get into town much but i'll try at least once a week!!

adios!

ohhh FORGOT! none of the comps here let you plug your camera/usb thing so no pics.. not yet anyways...

About o0eva0o


Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.