Existing Member?

Out and About

Hmmm..

CANADA | Tuesday, 8 April 2008 | Views [458]

Okay, So I found out today a bit more about my project. Unlike how i pictured. The nearest town isn´t just a 40 min bus ride from me. It is first an hour hike down a mountain to the nearest road, which then is a 20 min bus ride. Because of the dangers of the trail I am not allowed to go thru this part without a guide. And so might not be able to head into town that much. And Julia, i have to speak to the supervisor about the Quepos trip. 

Today was eventful, was caught in the rain...and man does it rain here. We were literally soaked thru, completely it was..amazing never seen this much rain fall in an hour. Water was gushing everywhere. There isn´t much to update besides tomorrow i´m heading to my project. It´ll be about 5-6 hour bus ride. Where then I meet the supervisor and we hike with my 40 pound pack. Yes 40 pounds, not including the stuff in my day pack. It´s about an avg. 1hr hike, about 3000 ft? above sea level? NOt sure but i´m right by the mountains, i am the only volunteer at the moment from this organization that is there. I did see some pictures of the project and flashback to Belize! The trail up the hill was pretty much the same for the site. However I¨m also by the other sea turtle project and have made friends with so we´re planning on some weekend trips! Also the place where i´ll be living...it´s a giant tree house!!! and i´m next to the indigenous peoples Bri Bri, get to even participate in community meetins and maybe even learn the language!!

Hmm what else.. food so far has been GREAT-!!! you know eva, things about food. So far it seems i´m going to be getting alot of rice and beans for breakie!! hmmm goody.

OHH now i remember what I wanted to right. or perhaps i did mention..email access? yea i´m not going to be getting as much as I thought I was.. soo prob won´t hear from me until about 3 weeks from now.. or whatnot.. i actually do not know when.

okay enuff for now. I´m going to try to send post cards to you people but...i cannot promise many cause i pretty much can only get it on certain days and in the city.

Alrighty so i bid farewell for now!

About o0eva0o


Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.