Existing Member?

Noone Family Adventure

The Boasting Magpie by Chris Noone

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 18 September 2010 | Views [645] | Comments [3]

The Boasting Magpie by Chris Noone

Once upon a time in Yellow Rivers a magpie lived.  This magpie was a boasting magpie.  It would always say to the Duck “wanna race” and every time the magpie would win and he would sing “I am the best, better that the worst, I make all the animals burst, I own the river and let everyone thirst!”  And every time on the last two lines he would go down to the river and wait for the big fat crocodile to come and eat him and every time the magpie flew away at the last second.

Days past and the boasting magpie continued his daily routine.  After three months the boasting magpie was big and fat.  The big fat croc thought he was about to have juicy tucker.  The fat slow boasting magpie went down to the river and called for the croc.  This time the magpie was too slow, the croc leapt out of the river and CHOMP!  The magpie never boasted again.

THE END

The motto of this is “if you are good at something don’t show off and don’t be cocky!

Comments

1

This story from a child who constantly starts his sentences with "No offence but .... " I think he should learn the moral himself!

  Kate Sep 18, 2010 3:38 PM

2

Loved your story, Chrispy.
Could be a Dreamtime story . . . or is it a warning to Collingwood supporters?!

  Di O'Neill Sep 18, 2010 4:21 PM

3

Hi Chris,
great story mate, and good to hear from you. Hope you are having a fantastic trip and "Go saints" for the big day on saturday. Hope you guys manage to find a TV that is going to televise our great game.

  Sandy Sep 20, 2010 10:42 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.