Existing Member?

Just drifting by

Victoria

CANADA | Monday, 7 April 2008 | Views [344]

Victoria is a small little seaside city which is seen as very british. It is really cute but this is not so important honestly.

Our hosts were amazing. Renee and Mike. Renee can talk like a waterfall and just seems to be satisfied with anything and everything. The flat is just so cozy that you feel home straight away. Our bedroom had a two-level bed so we felt like staying in a youth hostel.

After a little walk downtown we came home and Mike prepared us a delicious diner with salmon and Renee did the desert.

They are people you just have a great connection right away and you feel comfortable with. They got crazy in front of our camera and had we just  had wonderful laughs that night.

Today (April 7th) we got over to the USA to visit Seattle. We took the ferry from Victoria. We were so lucky with the weather and could stay outside and enjoy the fresh air and the wonderful landscapes.

The U.S. Customs weren't as bad as we thought even if the guy asked us question like what our friend in Seattle we were going to visit (it might have been a bit hard to explain him that we are going to visit a complete stranger!!) worked as and what job we have... a bit weird and for some reason I tend to get nervous in those situations even if I don't have anything to hide.

After Port Gamble we had to take another ferry to get out in Edmonton and finally drive into Seattle!

Tags: ferry, victoria

About natha


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.