Existing Member?

Just drifting by

Nanaimo

CANADA | Monday, 7 April 2008 | Views [602]

On saturday 5th, we decided to leave for Vancouver Island. We had a lazy morning and picked up the car in the afernoon.

We wanted to catch the ferry for Nanaimo and missed the 5pm-ride. We could see the ferry leaving. We had to wait for two hours which wasn't so bad.
Steffi and I always have something to talk about and we send our host in Nanaimo a message that we'd be late.

On the ferry we were so tired that we felt asleep (me in particular).

We arrived around 9pm at Patrick's place. He welcomed us with a beer. He was so nice. A friend of his was there as well. We had a nice chat but at some point we just asked to go to sleep as we were exausted.

Patrick's house is really beautiful. The style was kind of purist-asian. Very nice. He told us to feel like home and to use whatever we like. His cat was so cool. It reminded me of Momo but the coolest thing about this cat was that it would do all the time some head-banging with you :o)

After a good night on the couch, Patrick took us on a little hicking trail (which is definitely not in a travel book) to the Ammonite Falls. It was so nice to be there and to see this wonderful nature.

Steffi and I had to realise that our sport condition isn't the best. Hopefully after the trip we'll be in better shape :o)

Before leaving, Patrick invited us for a coffee on Nanaimo's bay.

It was so nice to talk to Patrick as he is a huge traveler who lived for around three years in Australia ( and 1 and a half of that in his car!), went to Nepal and hicked the mountains there and when he came back sometime to Canada he realised that he didn't know his country beside from Montreal (where he's originaly from) and Toronto. So this guy went on a trip for one and a half years and visited every single province of Canada and ended up at the very end on Vancouver Island!

Before leaving for Victoria, Pat told us to have a little break at Cowichan Bay which was indeed such a cute little seaside town.

Then we moved on to Victoria.

Tags: ammonite falls, cowichan bay, ferry, nanaimo

About natha


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.