Existing Member?

Kate's European Adventures.

Prague Day 2 and the sun is shining.

CZECH REPUBLIC | Saturday, 19 September 2009 | Views [621]

After our crazy introduction to Prague the day before, we woke up bright and early but not so bushy tailed (some not making it to breakfast). We made our way into Prague using public transport and started our big walk around the city led by Jonny. We got to see the Prague Palace and the Gothic St Vitus’s Cathedral before walking to a little park with a white peacock and then onto the Franz Kafka museum to check out the peeing man fountain out the front. You can send a text message to a number written in the ground beside the fountain and the men will pee whatever you wrote. We tackled the smallest street in Prague, complete with traffic lights to control the flow of people, crossing Charles Bridge and then onto the river to meet our boat for our lunch and boat tour of Prague.

The recent rains had flooded the Vltava River in a few places, so while we dined on more goulash and other great foods, it felt like we were cruising up and down the same 5km stretch before turning around and going back again!

A free afternoon in Prague meant we could explore as much as we could – and I was on a bit of a mission to find myself a birthday present. We wandered the streets of Prague and the Charles Bridge again. The town really is a pretty place, all gothic and sort of dark, but with the Soviet touch to it. Despite the hordes of tourists everywhere, it was a nice place to just wander and not really rush to do all the famous sightseeing things. We found a really cheap restaurant for dinner (more goulash) and then on our way back to the town square we got accosted by an old Czech man hissing at us!

We got back to the cabins just in time to pack up the wet tents ready for the next day, and a few more drinks outside (for a change) before we hit the sack and the comfort of cabins for the last time on the trip.

 

 

Travel Answers about Czech Republic

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.