Existing Member?

Kate's European Adventures.

The 6 Nations and Dublin.

IRELAND | Thursday, 12 February 2009 | Views [453] | Comments [1]

I know that Australia isn't included in it, so that's my excuse for never having heard of it. But what I didn't realise is how crazy the whole city becomes when matches are on!

Last weekend saw a million middle age French men descend on Dublin for the Ireland - France match. And I discovered that berets are not just a stereotype: the french really do wear them. Which really just saw me giggling a lot whenever I saw them.

Woke up Saturday morning to close to 200 French men all standing around annoyingly in the hostel blocking everyone's way. And they wouldn't move. They lounged in doorways and stairwells and right in front of the elevator! So we headed outside for breakfast where we ran into more blocking the door to the street! That was the beginning of the day - they were everywhere. On the bus shouting over the top of each other in French from one end of the bus to the other. Standing in the malls and shops in great hoards. All being loud, pushy and not really doing a whole lot.

Thankfully it was only one weekend. I think we've learned our lesson in terms of not venturing outside that weekend. But the only thing is, apparently the French rugby fans are tame compared to the English.

Does anyone know when the Ireland vs England game is on??

Comments

1

Hi Kate,
6 nations Rugby Ireland V England is on Saturday 28th Feb. You would have to mad to miss it. Keep your head down that weekend. Have fun Holmesa.

  Graeme holmes Feb 16, 2009 2:43 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Ireland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.