Existing Member?

I'm doing it!!

Last stop Singapore!

SINGAPORE | Thursday, 29 March 2012 | Views [387] | Comments [2]

Singapore

So after a wonderful time in Langkawi, where to be honest I did practically nothing apart from hangout and laze, I am here in Singapore!

I don't think I had mentioned it previously but I had my favourite captain on the plane again! During my flight to Langkawi I had the most hilarious pilot on board. You know when they do the announcements-we are at 33,000 feet etc?? Well this guy had me in hysterics. Talking about how its windy out so ladies watch your skirts. Introducing the staff on board and really embarrassing by calling the young guy handsome-meaning we all turned to stare at him. He has an extremely distinctive voice so as soon as it came on on this flight I knew it was him..so hilarious. He always signs off as him and his partner in crime (the co-pilot). Helen - you would have been in hysterics.

Anyway I reached my hostel in Clarke Quay and checked in and all that and somehow ended up on a 6 hour walk through the city and the park. I cannot tell you how much my feet hurt when I got back or what a sight I must have looked -sweaty English girl in the heat. The singapore ladies are so beautifully turned out it puts me to shame!!!!
I stopped off for an hour or so at the end at the river and just sat and people/river watched.
After a really long sleep last night with my 11 new room mates, I had some free toast and tea and headed off to Little India.
Little India is only a short time on the MRT and was really worth seeing. Sadly my 'tough' camera decided to die on me yesterday so I couldn't get any pics, which is such a shame as its a really cool place. I was in heaven with all the veggie food on offer...everywhere you turn there are veggie places galore. My plan was to eat my way round and try lots of little things so I started off having some a snack of some sort of bread with dahl which was yummy. I sat with a couple of guys who were sailing around Asia so they were pretty interesting. Also veggies!
They have a big shopping centre there -the top floor is all Saris and beautiful Indian clothing. I did think about getting a Sari and wearing it for the flight home just for a giggle :)
On the ground floor there are wall to wall stalls so next I tried Thosai (think that's the name) which was absolutely delicious. My plan for trying more food stopped after this as I was stuffed.
Its a really colourful busy place with lots of fruit and veg stalls, and lots of people. After wandering about some more, people watching and admiring all the lovely fruit and veg stalls I thought I would keep busy and head to Chinatown.
Chinatown was really fun too, busy with lots of stalls and places to eat. That's one thing about Asia. The amount of places to eat is incredible-the eating out culture here is massive. Anyway I was too full so just went to a juice bar and had a wander. I had my eyebrows threaded for the first time as I hadn't plucked mine for ages, smartening myself up for my return!
Interesting ..I was followed in Chinatown for about 4 hours by a man. Only for him to finally come up to me to ask if I would like his 'services' this evening. God apparently now I look like I want to pay for an escort. Anyway I told him no of course. The funny thing is he actually appeared in the most random store as I was browsing all the funny things for sale, and must have followed me across the bridge and everywhere. Keeps making me giggle as I imagine him hiding behind stalls as I went along.
Not sure what I will do tomorrow-may vege out in the park for a bit. I did think about going to Universal Studios but I think that's one thing I wouldn't really want to do alone -also clubbing. Would be quite embarrassing screaming my head off alone!
Anyway this is the penultimate entry of the blog-I really only have one full day left now so until the next one...........
Lots of love
xxxx

Comments

1

Oh kerry, I have literally been laughing out loud reading your blog! Firstly, the pilot thing was hilarious because it reminded me of the pilot, or was it the air steward, on one of our holiday flights, who was so obviously reading everything off a piece of paper!! Probably not so funny to anyone else, but we had an uncontrollable fit of the giggles!
I also loved hearing about your proposition from the guy offering his services!!...
You really are going to have to write a book when you get home about all your weird and wonderful experiences! A best seller I'm sure of it!
As I said in my email, counting the days now.. Can't wait to see you.
Enjoy the last few days Kerry & in case I don't have another chance to leave you a comment, safe journey home! See you soon.
Love you lots xx

  Helen Mar 30, 2012 5:10 AM

2

Glad to hear you are still have funny adventures and wishing you a safe journey back home to little old Britain where we are all looking forward to seeing you xxx

  m Mar 31, 2012 9:52 AM

About mudchild_11


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Singapore

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.