Existing Member?

I'm doing it!!

Day trip

CAMBODIA | Tuesday, 29 November 2011 | Views [480] | Comments [2]

Well hi everyone!

I am here in Sihanoukville now. By the beach which too be honest is a bit off a dump and almost like being in Magaluf but hey its been pretty fun.

Before I arrived I took a day trip to see how salt and pepper were made which was pretty cool. I was lucky as there were some really great people on the trip with me so it was a god laugh.  We visited Rabbit Island which unfortunately didn't have any cute bunnies on it but was very rustic and cute. Also whilst I was there I saw a group that I had met when I first arrived in Cambodia and we were all moving on the next day so arranged to meet.

Had a good night drinking in the bars but all the staff seem to be English !! There was a couple of dodgy dancers -old men with the shirts open which was entertaining!

There was a power cut from about 9pm last night till about 3pm today so last night I only had the light from my phone which was fun!!! The walls in my bungalow are super thin so I spent a few hours trying to sleep with no fan with noisy neighbours!!!

Today I took a Tuk tuk up to a quieter beach with a American girl I have been hanging out with and we just chilled. The roads there are pretty funny-at one stage we almost fell out and then had to wait whilst a crew of pigs and cows wandered across the road!

Off on a big night tonight so off for a little snooze!!!

xxx

O

Comments

1

Glad to hear you're having fun kerry and sampling the nightlife!
Also good to know that you've met some friends to hang out with.
Sounds like you might be having a bit of drink tonight, so Enjoy...! & have a few for me!
Cheers!! Have fun.. xxx

  Helen Nov 30, 2011 5:37 AM

2

hey!
sad to hear it is like that now- ruined by tourism :(
hope you're still enjoying it all, sounds like you are!!
any plans for where you'll be christmas yet?

  Kirsty Dec 7, 2011 12:52 PM

About mudchild_11


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.