Existing Member?

I'm doing it!!

Hang Dong -day 1

THAILAND | Tuesday, 25 October 2011 | Views [678] | Comments [3]

Hey all,

I made the move to Hang Dong today to start my volunteer placement. I will be spending the first few nights at Nugent Waterside if you want to google it!

Wow!!!!

My room is AMAZING!!

I have a huge private terrace overlooking the lake which has hundreds of catfish and other fish in there. Some are as long as my arms. I have been feeding them and they go crazy!!

Its a beautiful setting and eally is in the middle of nowhere. Put it this way-the nearest big shop apart from a stall by a locals house is 10km away. I have hired a bike and i cycled there and back this afternoon for supplies and cash. Its crazy!

I have also managed to get completly lost already. I cycled to find the dog place and got there fine only to completly forget where I came from in the excitement! I had to ask a family that spoke very little english so in the end he kindly drove in his pick up and said to follow him. So funny!

I think its going to be a real experience here, even today when I found the shops I was the only westerner and children wee loooking at me!

Well I am off for dinner now as I have to order in advance as Im staying at a place where they have teacher courses. Right now there is a monk here having an english lesson!!

First day tomorrow so will have a early night and update soon.

I can only use the computers here from 6-8 when the students arent using them and the nearest internet cafe is Chiang Mai!!!

speak soon

xxxxxx

Comments

1

It sounds such good fun Kerry, especially the animal stuff x x x.

  mum Oct 26, 2011 9:25 PM

2

Hi again Kerry, I have just googled your Hotel -The Nugent Waterside, and it does look amazing! All the traveller reviews describe it as a great place to unwind and clear the mind, therefore it's probably an ideal spot for you to chill, following on from your recent boozy fun!
Hope you have a great time at the dog shelter Kerry, and well-done you for giving up some of your time to help out! The dogs will love you, and I've a feeling you're gonna want to adopt!! Oh dear!....
Looking forward as always to the next instalment... Loads of Love xx

  Helen Oct 27, 2011 12:27 AM

3

Hey - that place looks beautiful!

Have fun with the dogs, no doubt there will be a thousand and one photos of them all ;)

Enjoy!

  Kirsty Oct 27, 2011 1:29 PM

About mudchild_11


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.