Existing Member?

I'm doing it!!

Chaing Mai so far...

THAILAND | Tuesday, 11 October 2011 | Views [465] | Comments [2]

Im back!

Had quite a busy week so far...really enjoying Chaing Mai.

I teamed up with a girl I met on the plane for a few days and we have been checking out the city. Its a pretty cool place and the shopping is amazing -hence my visit to the post office today to send some bits I bought back. Didnt think dad would be too impressed having to carry it all back!

The jewellery is particually nice and so I got a few bits!!

At the market I thought I was seeing things as a white dog walked past me with drawn on eyebrows!! So funny and he seemed very pleased with himself! There was also a stand where a charity who sells mini dog clothes had about 5 tiny dogs wearing glasses/hats etc. Check out the pictures! Again they looked very happy!! Not sure if its the heat but they are just so laid back. Cant quite see Dylan wearing glases! Anyway I had to get the glasses watch out Dotty!! They seem to love small poodle type dogs here-they are everywhere-passed out asleep on jewellery counters etc.

Please dont judge me but I went to see the Tigers. It was pretty cool and to be honest they looked quite happy. They still have claws and teeth but just laze about apparently they are really lazy animals. I went in with the biggest ones and was just getting relaxed when they shouted 'stand up' and one of them came charging for the other! Little bit scary! It was interesting to see them up close but I still feel a little guilty!!

We also went to see a temple up in the hills. It was pretty amazing. I got blessed by a monk and splashed with water. We also had a prayer from a monk which was really quite amazing. You cannot be higher than Buddha images or the monks so you basically have to crawl through the temples which is quite funny!

Apart from the dogs the weirdest thing I have seen was a man on a moped drivng through town with 4 budgie type birds on the handlebars. Very strange! I saw a moped parked up with birds on there too and they all had little necklaces on but they werent tied up -just eating corn on the cobs!

Had a bucket of Mai Tai in the TCH rooftop bar where its all scatter cushions and lamps. My kind of place.

I am hoping to travel onto Pai in the next couple of days. Suprisingly there isnt many backpackers here-just couples and ageing hippies!! Just my luck!!

Update very soon!

xxx

Comments

1

Lovely to see your blog updated again Kerry! So glad to know that you've been out & about seeing all the sights, and great that you had some company too. It all sounds brilliant, and more than a bit crazy, but then that's all part of the experience!!
Yet again you're proving that 'shop til you drop' isn't just my motto!! I think your Dad has probably breathed a big sigh of relief to know that you've posted some of the stuff that you've bought home. Not sure they make rucksacks big enough for all your shopping!! Ha ha!
Keep on with the fun Kerry! As always I'll look forward to the next instalment! xx

  Helen Oct 12, 2011 3:23 AM

2

It's me again kerry! I've just been looking at your photo's & they are fab!! The ones with you & the tigers are amazing!! Infact they all are...
Seeing the pics really helps us to get a feel for where you are & what you're experiencing! I'm going back now for another look, so please keep them coming. Lots of Love xx

  Helen Oct 12, 2011 7:04 PM

About mudchild_11


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.