Existing Member?

I'm doing it!!

Chaing Mai -veggie heaven!!

THAILAND | Thursday, 6 October 2011 | Views [330] | Comments [3]

Im in Chaing Mai !!

I arrived last night after a very long day of travelling.

Drunken woman as you know cracked open a can first thing and staggered up into the internet cafe and booked a boat to Krabi. She literally had to be carried to the boat. She was that bad, the staff kept asking me if my friend was okay but I really have to say she was absolutely driving me mad and I certainly didnt want to feel responsilble for her! One thing I forgot to say is that she gave up smoking 10 years ago but constantly is sucking on a inhalater!! so funny!

I got soaked to the bone as boats couldnt pick us up from our beach due to the weather conditions so we had to do the mountain walk and go to the next beach. I literally had to wade out to the boat and it was waist high!! You can only imagine drunken woman huh???

After a very rocky ride to the main pier in the long boat I had a hour to kill so made DW eat something. She was so skinny she could almost break. Finally I managed to leave her behind when my boat arrived. I feel bad for her but I came away to have fun and here I was getting stuck with a complete crazy woman and having to aplogise for her to most people and she was so drunk!

Lots of people were puking on the boat to Phuket as it was such a rough ride. I quite enojoyed it but it was a bit scary at times!!

The flight from Phuket to Chaing Mai was fine and I got talking to a girl on the plane and we are meeting later for drinks and some dinner. She is also a veggie so we will be in veggie heaven as there is veggie eating places everywhere.

I am staying in the CM Blue guesthouse and its pretty cool. I have a full size fridge/freexer in my room which is pretty random thou!!!

They seem lovely in the guesthouse esp the lady and she was having a good laugh with me this morning with my map. Downstairs in the courtyard they have a big fridge and you take a drink and write it down and then they just add it all up at the end...even my rent I dont pay till I leave. Very trusting! Looks really cute with hammocks up and benches.

I have been for a wander today and really like it here. It has a laid back feel to it and has lots of cute places to eat and drink. I keep seeing ageing hippies walking around with leather faces-maybe that will be me in a few years time!!!

Dad-check out 'flight of the gibbon'. Could be fun -esp as we are both scared of heights!!!

Anyway Im off now to get my laundry done -just bought the cutest laundry bag from a stall!!

I could shop all day long here!! My house could become even more cluttered!!!

love to all

xxxx

Comments

1

Glad to know you've finally escaped Drunk woman Kerry!! Wonder who's got lumbered with her now!.. Anyway, after what sounds like a rather dodgy & (sea-sick inducing journey!!) UGH!, it's good to know you've now safely reached Chaing Mai.
It sounds like a really great place, & once again I'm loving the sound of the shopping!! The guest house also sounds like a really nice place to be staying, and glad to know that veggies are well catered for!
Enjoy yourself Kerry & I'm so looking forward to hearing about your next adventure! I'm sure there will be plenty more!...Take care! xxxx

  Helen Oct 7, 2011 12:30 AM

2

this is very funny.....keep on blogging x

  mum Oct 7, 2011 9:34 PM

3

I hope you bump into DW again! X

  Katie Oct 10, 2011 9:58 PM

About mudchild_11


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.