Existing Member?

Third World Veggie Follow me through SE Asia as I work on my Asia-bod & search for my inner-yogi. If you are looking for travel information or a guide to different SE Asia cities this is NOT the blog for you.

The Adult Playgroud - Vang Vieng

LAOS | Wednesday, 8 March 2017 | Views [533]

Vang Vieng is one of the strangest towns we have stayed in. Here, we managed to find the best pizza in SE Asia, river tubing, caves, and pretty much every person from our slowboat from Thailand. 

Vang Vieng used to be a crazy party city in Laos that got a bad rep when they had over 20 tourists die there a few years ago. Today, it is way more tame and appears to be a bit run down. Still an awesome time to see some amazing views, caves, and relax on the river. We got a group of our slow boat friends together to spend a day river tubing.  There are only a handful of bars and most close by 11pm.

River pub crawl:

River tubing

Mark & I decided to have a date night meaning we could eat western food. I have become quite the tripadvisor expert over the past month so I was able to find us some real Italian pizza in the middle of Asia. That pizza might was almost the highlight of our stay but it was beat out by views like these:

Hot air balloon 

VV

We were also lucky to stumble upon a local swimmig spot while out exploring some caves. We were originally looking for a lagoon listed on tourist maps but this was so much better. The kids didn't speak much English but we did get them to understand that we wanted a photo with them.

Lagoon

Lagoon

 

About mtd5116


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Laos

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.