Existing Member?

Third World Veggie Follow me through SE Asia as I work on my Asia-bod & search for my inner-yogi. If you are looking for travel information or a guide to different SE Asia cities this is NOT the blog for you.

Finding Ourselves in Pai

THAILAND | Monday, 27 February 2017 | Views [298]

Almost our entire hostel boarded a super windy bus to Pai, Thailand and we made it to hippie city turned completely westernized tourist town. Here, I can do things like eat eggs, bacon, and toast for breakfast, eat $2 Thai food for dinner, and lay in a hammock from 1pm-4pm and people find this acceptable. Because it's hot. Really hot. And there are about 4 tourist places to see and you can see them on a motorbike in 2 hours and be done.

Here's me trying out some local cuisine: $0.30 Panda ice cream from 7-11!

I took 2 motorbike lessons and was able to successfully drive one through town and on some roads outside of the city. As long as there are no hills or turns I am totally set!

Pai is the kind of place where you go thinking you'll spend 2 days and then you stay 2 weeks. We would have but we needed to catch a boat to Laos. Otherwise, we might have stayed forever. Cheap & beautiful accommodations along with cheap & delicious food makes for an ideal spot. And since our hostel friends from Chiang Mai were all in Pai with us we didn't have to go through the effort of making new friends.

#NoNewFriends

 

About mtd5116


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.