Existing Member?

Andy's Travel Updates "The real thing is not reaching, the real thing is the journey, the very travelling. If you are too bothered about the goal you will miss the journey, and the journey is life - the goal can only be death."

Italy

ITALY | Sunday, 30 December 2007 | Views [418]

There are a few things that I need to clear up... Firstly I may have mentioned eating a whole quail... this came about when ordering from foreign menus of the basis of being "the most mysterious" meal - not the first but it was the last time I used this policy. Secondly you may have heard I moved into a share house with 9 other people. This is not true, I have since found another housemate, it turns out there are 11 of us. Now... Highlights... Watching a round-about in the centre of Sorrento whilst eating pizza: the traffic drove as erratically as you could hope - the only rule seemed to be whoever was going the fastest had right of way. Unless you were a pedestrian - they constantly crossed without looking. It was also a construction site for men putting up a Christmas tree (on the road), a parking lot on all but one side (a policewoman presided over all of this, but only to ensure no one parked on that one side). At one point it was a parade ground for a marching band, at another point 5 motorcyclists stopped in the middle of the round-about for a photo (with the Christmas tree). One line of traffic was stopped, the photographer walked backwards into the other line of traffic (without looking) which also stopped. I fell down a staircase in Rome. I wandered the streets of Florence which was beautiful (check the facebook photos), bought some stuff in markets, went to 2 museums with Renaissance art, met up with Elissa and ate a whole pizza for dinner. A fairly typical day, but also a highlight. In Paris waiting 45 minutes in about zero degrees to go up the Eiffel Tour which was totally worth it. I also went to Scotland which I will tell you about soon.

About mrandrew

Selfie by the river

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.