Existing Member?

The South American Dream A long time coming...

A day in Miami

USA | Monday, 28 February 2011 | Views [789]

A day in Miami

A day in Miami

3 hours later, about 10.30pm, I finally got through Miami airport, security, passport control and hotel allocation and am in a hotel with a bed wider than I am tall and a TV to match, welcome to America!

Didn´t take long to hit the beach and the bars, some great cheese and some more RnB went down a treat with a 36oz Moijito which was bigger than my head. When in America, do what Americans do! Everyone was very glam on Ocean Drive, you wouldve thought it was a Saturday not a Sunday night! After the bars were shutting we hit the beach and paddled, the sea was warm...There were the classic beach huts there too - all very exciting and unexpected.

Half an hour in the gym, the biggest breakfast (fruit and cooked) ...mm...well I was slightly hungover from the giant cocktail. Packed up again, and hit the pool. The hot sun beating doen, so nice to feel the warmth on my pasty skin. There was a good breeze so it didn{t feel overly hot...2 hours later and a buffet lunch...was still full from breakfast and from being in the sun.

My lathering of SPF 30 didn´t seem to work either. I think I need practice at this sun lotion application thing. The strangest marks (well mainly finger or hand marks) have appeared in teh wierdest places (the top of my arm, my belly button and my knees). Hmm...

Back to the airport, there was a panic with check in re timings but it was competely fine in the end. Apart from the fact that American Airlines delayed that flight for 2 hours as well.   

Tags: american airlines, beaches, cocktails, miami, usa

 

About moomazza


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.