Existing Member?

Hi Mum

Koh Phi Phi - 31st January - 1st February

THAILAND | Monday, 1 February 2016 | Views [317]

We got to Phi Phi about half 4 after a fairly long and painful journey where we thought we were going to miss our ferry because the bus company had a mess up with the buses. We had to run for the ferry but it was fine because it was waiting for us. When we got to Phi Phi it was quite a surprise because we were expecting to get a taxi to the hostel (Centre point Hostel) but there are no cars or motor vehicles on the island apart from the emergency services which is so odd. It was quite cool though because all the streets are completely pedestrianised and small and windy. Although there are a lot of people barging around with carts full of luggage and stuff.

When we got to the hostel the room was so depressing because one of the guests was ill so the curtains were drawn and all the lights were off. We decided not to stick aroundw for too long so we went for dinner at a mexican restaurant opposite our hostel, a drink at a bar down the road mmmm qnqand a walk down the beach. There was loads of fire performers along the beach but we've seen loads of them now so we were all a bit bored of it, there's only so much you can do with fire.

We spent the next morning on long beach and walking around the shops in Phi Phi. It was so hot on the beach I just could not cope so Amy and I spent most of it lurking in the shadows. In the afternoon we took a walk up to the Koh Phi Phi Viewpoint. It was pretty beautiful at the second viewpoint but the first wasn't very exciting. It was such a hike up there in the heat so we were all so sweaty and knackered so we sat up there for a while and watched a very disappointing sunset. We got back down went for dinner and then went for some drinks with some of the people we had met in Koh Phangan.

Tomorrow we're off to Koh Lanta in the morning, so I'll update you then! I actually really liked Phi Phi. I'd heard from some that it's worth a miss but I think the beach there was the prettiest we've seen and I really liked the town too so I disagree.

About mm12767


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.