Existing Member?

Hi Mum

Colombo

SRI LANKA | Sunday, 10 January 2016 | Views [372]

Hi Mum!

So we have arrived safe and sound on Friday at about 2.30, flight was a bit delayed but it was fine. Very long flight but there were some good films so it wasn't all bad. Amy was very excited about the flight, she said it was the best she's ever been on.

When we arrived we were all exhausted so we wandered down to the beach and had dinner there. We are somewhere called Dews beach house. Katie and I had some vegetable rice chopsy, Amy had some vegetable rice and Becci had chicken fried rice. 

The hostel we stayed at was called Mount Lavinia Beach hostel, nothing very exciting about it but they did have some pet birds. Think they were budgies. It's about an hour outside of Colombo but is much nicer. 

On the Saturday we took a bus into Colombo centre, we didn't know quite how to get a ticket or where to get off the bus but we managed. We spent a couple of hours there, went to a mall - Katie had some honey cornflakes and crispy peach for lunch, she wasn't keen on the crispy peach - and walked around a park in Colombo. We also took a ride on a trishaw, that was fun. Didn't last for long which was quite good because it was a bit of squeeze and the roads are a pretty mental, there's a lot of honking. Nothing very exciting there, it was a bit grotty. We got the bus home, had dinner on the beach again (this time at Jojos) and then went back to the hostel to pack up and go to bed. 

Wouldn't recommend Colombo really but onwards tomorrow with our driver Heshan!

 

About mm12767


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Sri Lanka

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.