Existing Member?

Hoi ta toi toi! Chip chip cheeerio! Merry Trentadue's all up in the UK ...watch out! Travel Journal Here we go again!

Scuba diving trip - Great Barrier Reef

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 9 June 2008 | Views [735] | Comments [1]

It was SO FUN! THe first day the dive center picked me up and took me to the jetty where one of their boat took us 2 hours out to meet the livaboard dive boat called the kangaroo explorer. The KE stays out there forever, and the little boat brings new passengers every day. it's a 3 level massive boat. buffett dinners, pretty nice size cabins, and about 40 people! All i did was dive! therre was a 6am, 8am, 11am, 4pm and night dive every day. I have to pick which ones i wanted to do, b/c you can only do 4 a day. While there, i passed the advanced scuba coure, so now i am certified to dive up to 30 meters! (90 feet). Did 2 30 meter dives... and got to feel the nitrogen narcosis i learned about when i got my open water certs. to pass the class, i had to do a night dive, a deep dive, marnie ID dive, navagation dive (using a compass) a boat dive, and i think that's it. it was really tiring doing that much diving. there was really no time at all between the 6am and 8am dives. Saw some amazing things! did 10 dives with them, and 8 out of the 10 i got to swim with a turtle or two.

When i got back to cairns last night, i met up with Ellen... and Finnbar! he was a surprise! I was really happy to see him. We had a fin night, and I'm a tad hungover. Heading to cape tribulation now, possibly to do some more dives... mainly rainforest stuff.

I leave australia in 4 days. GASP! how did it come so fast?

all for now,
Merry

Comments

1

just wondering what you highschool presentations were about ?

we are relocating to OZ from Canada,,,, and wondering if my 14 year old is gunna freak due to the uptight school system.....

  tammie Jun 17, 2010 11:40 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.