Existing Member?

Hoi ta toi toi! Chip chip cheeerio! Merry Trentadue's all up in the UK ...watch out! Travel Journal Here we go again!

whit sundays sailling trip - airlie beach

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 5 June 2008 | Views [707]

The whit sundays sailling trip was great! went to white haven beach on the first day, it was REALLY pretty. google it :) it's one of the top 10 beaches in the world or something. really nice. did lots of scuba diving... i was planning on doing one dive, since i knew i already booked my cairns diveboat livaboard. but it's just so addictive and SO much fun! swam with some sea turtles, saw lots of fishies. a few reef sharkes... 2 MASSIVE groupers! this thing was huge! like, 6 feet long at least. Apparently that's small... they can grow as big as volkswagens. I'm going to think of that the next time i get into my car. we got to help put up the sails some times, it was hard work!

we had a bit of bad weather the 2nd morning, grey skys and some rain, but the last day was perfection! really hot and sunny and beautiful. everyone on the obat was fun! the after party with the crew was a mess. ha. we did a airlie beach pub crawl, and the crew kept getting free jugs of beer. so yeah, it was a fun night!

I'm in Cairns now. been here for 2 nights. Last night i met up with all my irish friends for a late night out of dirnking and dancing. Sean and leanne flew to singapore today :( it was really sad to see them go. They are the irish couple i met in Noosa, did the fraser island trip with, and have been back packing with every since. At least I have 8 really good excuses to visit irealand now!

Tomorrow I hop on a dive boat and head out to the outter great barrier reef for my dive trip!!!! can't wait!


hope all is well! i can't believe i have to leave soon. :(

:)
Merry

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.