Existing Member?

one step at a time-my life in a backpack Ok where to start? Well I'm 23 an aussie and after years of talking about doing this travel thing I have set off on my way. The idea is to see the uk and europe (highly original I know) But since I set out here I just don't know where to stop!! I believe the travel bug may just have bitten me! But really you only live once and why not see everything. Life should be about happiness and experiences not stress and misery! Well at least thats what I want!

Venice

ITALY | Thursday, 5 April 2007 | Views [324]

I finaly arrived at venice today via verona. Verona is kinda cool only spent a few hours here but I feel that was enough. Saw said balcony of the romeo and juilet is based on! The wall is covered in notes suck by chewing gum! Definately not attractive. We walked around and shared my first gelati with my mate Tim. It was pretty good. We walked around and took in the sights including all the street performers. Was kinda cool.

Venice however was very cool. I did the tourist thing and took a gondal ride around the canals with Kobs,Andrea,Rhyan,mike and emma. Was kinda tacky but still I am gald I did it! We all just walked around the streets. They sell the most amazing masks in this town and if I thought I could get it home ok I would buy a couple. The place is pretty cool I saw st marks square and the basilica, Bridge of sighs, doges palace and visited a lace making demo. Oh and beware of the pigeons  here they have no fear and are a little kamakasi. Also beware of the Nanna's they push in front and can seem almost violent! Don't let them win. There is some cool markets which every shop pretty much sells the same thing so suss out the prices first and really just take advantage of the awesome views.

Tags: Sightseeing

About mel-halden


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.