Existing Member?

one step at a time-my life in a backpack Ok where to start? Well I'm 23 an aussie and after years of talking about doing this travel thing I have set off on my way. The idea is to see the uk and europe (highly original I know) But since I set out here I just don't know where to stop!! I believe the travel bug may just have bitten me! But really you only live once and why not see everything. Life should be about happiness and experiences not stress and misery! Well at least thats what I want!

Florence via Pisa

ITALY | Saturday, 7 April 2007 | Views [345]

What can I say about Pisa. It's pretty cool the tower actually leans and is slightly curved. You can get a good food near here relatively cheap. It is pretty crowed which can make getting a photo some how difficult. The little market stolls are ok and a few hours even just one will alow you to see most of it. Warning there are lots of guys on the street trying to sell you stuff like bags and scarfs. If they can pack it up in a few seconds or if it looks like they can make a run for it don't shop from them. It is actually against the law and you may be fined alot. This makes the cheap fake hell expensive!! Best thing about it is watching them make a run for it when the cops come and then seeing them return 2 mins later to start it all over again.

Florence! I love this place we stayed at this cool campsite which has a view of the whole city! It is beautiful. I did a walking tour of the city and I just love it! It has a really good feel to it, the people are nice the food well its just to die for and the museums or shopping. Whatever your thing it is here. I went to the Duomo cathedral,ponte vecchio,santa croce basilica and attended a leather making demo. I also shopped at the markets (great markets). I went up the dome and it is worth the weight and the climb. Beautiful views and paintings it's well worth it. There is also an ice cream shop just next to  the que for the dome. It cost around  5 euro and get the tia maria it is the best gelati I have had so far. It's huge and you get pieces of cake in it! If you go to italy go to florence it just won't let you down. I am soo sad to leave just gotta come back here.

Tags: Sightseeing

About mel-halden


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.