Existing Member?

one step at a time-my life in a backpack Ok where to start? Well I'm 23 an aussie and after years of talking about doing this travel thing I have set off on my way. The idea is to see the uk and europe (highly original I know) But since I set out here I just don't know where to stop!! I believe the travel bug may just have bitten me! But really you only live once and why not see everything. Life should be about happiness and experiences not stress and misery! Well at least thats what I want!

The Shamrocker Part 6

IRELAND | Saturday, 10 March 2007 | Views [276]

The last day this is kinda sad as I really love Ireland but it is also exciting as I have started the next part of my journey going to Bath! I have heard soo much talk about it I just have to go and see it for myself. Last night however me and Flick walked around town and went to all the churches and the castle! It's a pretty cool spot and has some nice streets to wander. We went to the 2 big churches and then we found a smaller one called Black Abbey! Black abbey is amazing inside the stain glass is beautiful! It's my first taste of a church with this kind of stained glass and I just felt like my eyes had never seen colour before it was so vibrant and inspiring. I settled down to the night with a good red wine.

Today however we stopped at the rock of dunamese! A pretty cool ruin! It is one of the castles that once was and probably one of the best photo ops out of all the ruins the view is amazing! Back at Dublin and a sad fair well but not quite time for a few parting drinks at the pub and then back to my hostel!

Tags: On the Road

About mel-halden


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Ireland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.