Existing Member?

one step at a time-my life in a backpack Ok where to start? Well I'm 23 an aussie and after years of talking about doing this travel thing I have set off on my way. The idea is to see the uk and europe (highly original I know) But since I set out here I just don't know where to stop!! I believe the travel bug may just have bitten me! But really you only live once and why not see everything. Life should be about happiness and experiences not stress and misery! Well at least thats what I want!

The shamrocker part 5

IRELAND | Friday, 9 March 2007 | Views [197]

 Today we walked through the national park in Kilarney and it is beautiful!There is a  lake a little enchanted forrest with the logs with green moss and a little waterfall. I was half expecting to see a leprechaun. We then headed towards the Blarney Castle and yes I did I kissed the stone (as if I needed the gift of the gab) It isn't as easy as I thought you need to tilt back a fair way and then some there is also some old guy who isn't really gonna help you if you fall so I was scared out of my wits. It was so cool though. I walked around the forrest and did the wishing steps which means you have to walk down backwards with your eyes closed and walk back up back wards with your eyes closed whilst making a wish! To be honest my wish must have come true because all I could think was please don't fall!!  Next was the rock of cashel which is pretty cool views are amazing nice photo spot. We then treked it to kilkenny!

Tags: On the Road

About mel-halden


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Ireland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.