Existing Member?

one step at a time-my life in a backpack Ok where to start? Well I'm 23 an aussie and after years of talking about doing this travel thing I have set off on my way. The idea is to see the uk and europe (highly original I know) But since I set out here I just don't know where to stop!! I believe the travel bug may just have bitten me! But really you only live once and why not see everything. Life should be about happiness and experiences not stress and misery! Well at least thats what I want!

The shamrocker part 2

IRELAND | Tuesday, 6 March 2007 | Views [264]

  Westport is a cute little town and I enjoyed some baileys (my first in Ireland) walked around and got ready for the next day. We went to kylemore abbey and enjoyed all the scenery. We  climbed up part of croagh patrick holy mountain, doolough valley and heard all about the dark history of the famine. Basically the people of the town went to their wealthy land lord which is one hell of a trek and when they got there he refused to see them. They ended up turning away and on the walk home a storm began and many of them died! The people went through soo much. That night was spent in Galway and spent well. We all hit the town and galway is very cool! One place I can't wait to come back to. We enjoyed local beer, music and chatted to the locals. Very cool place. The best part was the street performer from melbourne playing wish you were here (pink floyd hit)in the middle of the street which is one of my all time favs aswell as pete ( a guy from the tour aussie no suprise there).

Tags: On the Road

About mel-halden


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Ireland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.