Existing Member?

one step at a time-my life in a backpack Ok where to start? Well I'm 23 an aussie and after years of talking about doing this travel thing I have set off on my way. The idea is to see the uk and europe (highly original I know) But since I set out here I just don't know where to stop!! I believe the travel bug may just have bitten me! But really you only live once and why not see everything. Life should be about happiness and experiences not stress and misery! Well at least thats what I want!

The Shamrocker

UNITED KINGDOM | Monday, 5 March 2007 | Views [230]

Ok well I am staying in a twenty bed share dorm and it's the night before my tour! My phone makes a sound and I check it only to realise the battery is flat!It was too late at night to start mucking around so I spent the entire night sleeping light and got up eventually 2 hours too early because I was afraid I would sleep in! All in all it's cool because the tour has started and I'm on it and not still asleep (tempting though)

 I am going to shorten it as it is alot easier and alot less boring! I went to westport and on the way to there we stoped at: The hill of Tara an old pagan site also the seat of the high kings (back in the day). The country side is beautiful and the people are fantastic I love the irish. We then went to an old distillery in Kilbeggan and sampled some whiskey and it was bloody good! Then off to Westport where we stay the night. Everyone seems cool and I am not the only one travelin alone and so far so good.

Tags: On the Road

About mel-halden


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.