Existing Member?

one step at a time-my life in a backpack Ok where to start? Well I'm 23 an aussie and after years of talking about doing this travel thing I have set off on my way. The idea is to see the uk and europe (highly original I know) But since I set out here I just don't know where to stop!! I believe the travel bug may just have bitten me! But really you only live once and why not see everything. Life should be about happiness and experiences not stress and misery! Well at least thats what I want!

my week in london

UNITED KINGDOM | Tuesday, 27 February 2007 | Views [270]

Well what can I say I have seen soo much already and it's only been a week! But first of all where am I again? I thought I flew to england but everyone I meet is a) an aussie or b) a  kiwi? It's like I just moved a suburb! Ha Ha    Anyway everyone is cool and the sights well it's my first taste of a city city and it's huge there is something for everyone and about 20 different colours and styles of that type. The tube is cool and I have already made some good friends! I spent a day with sue who is also from the land down under and travellin alone. We caught a double decker bus and just did our own sight seeing. Basically got lost and used the names of monopoly or great song/album titles to sort our selves out! We went to oxford circus, Piccadily circus,trafalgar square,national art gallery,regents park (got so lost it's huge and beautiful, found baker st),sherlock holmes museum, westminster and big ben and did the london eye.I don't think I have walked this much ever but it was so cool! That was just one day!! The rest of the week followed much the same but I made a new friend Neroli who suprise is an aussie travelin alone and all three of us hung out together. We went to camden very cool place and went to brick lane had the best idian food I have had soo far (cheap to). I have seen my other cousin dave who flew over a few days after me and yes oh yes beatles fans like us did the beatles shop/ museum and then went off to Abbey rd! If your not a fan tune out! Oh my god coolest thing ever walked across the abbey road cross walk!! Took heaps of dodgy photos and yes I believe I may have done a slight girly squeal. (shame)

I am now booking my irish tour so wish me luck!!

Tags: Sightseeing

About mel-halden


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.