Existing Member?

Eo Ire Itum

More classes at the Zhangzhou Institute of Technology

CHINA | Wednesday, 8 October 2008 | Views [1078]

I've gone along to a few more classes over the past could of days. As a general rule the students are lovely, but we had a few yesterday that were quite inattentive and one or two that were down right rude. This happens in Zhangzhou, just like in any other school.

The two classes I went to today however, were a joy. All the students were eager to speak to me, as I was to them. These students had excellent English and we were able to have conversations, rather than just speaking one or two words to each other. They asked me questions about Australia and music and what I'll be doing while I'm in China.

There was one girl, who's English name is Lucy and she spoke English very well. She asked me about Sydney beaches and told me she had never been to the beach in her life! And another one who asked me for my email address as she is saving to come to Australia and would like me to show her around. They were all real sweethearts.

During the second half of the class, all the students gathered around and took photos of me with their camera phones. Never has it been more apparent to me that I'm in a city were very few westerners travel. I feel quite lucky to be experiencing Zhangzhou and it's people, especially the kids of Zhangzhou Instuite of Technology.

Spot the foreigner! (Laowai or Waiguoren.)
Here I am with a applied English class. I really liked this class, they were lovely. At the end of the lesson they all surrounded me with camera phone and took photos of me. It was very strange for me, but in this part of China westerners are relatively rare so I was a bit of a novelty.

Spot the foreigner! (Laowai or Waiguoren.) Here I am with a applied English class. I really liked this class, they were lovely. At the end of the lesson they all surrounded me with camera phone and took photos of me. It was very strange for me, but in this part of China westerners are relatively rare so I was a bit of a novelty.

About mazystar

Winter time means HATS!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.