Existing Member?

Life Love & Adventure Follow my journeys around this little blue planet as I tread wearily into unknown waters, sipping on the nectars of ancient fruit trees, grappling linguistics with foreign tongues, and bathing in exotic sensations ...

A surly morning ...

MEXICO | Saturday, 16 February 2013 | Views [326] | Comments [1]

I've been out of wifi range for a day or so, and as I haven't done a hell of a lot, I didn't worry about posting.  My original accommodation was only for 7 days but we were happy to continue the arrangement until something came up, which happened to be yesterday :). But only for one night, I moved to another lodging down the road.

For some reason, the super-relaxed vibe here, and the 'it will happen when it happens' kind of attitude, messes with my need for schedules and fixed times so I can have things sorted out in my head.  But you just have to go with the flow - 'she'll be right maaate!'  Some days I'm still trying to learn patience I suppose.

There was some kind of hippy/new age gathering on the beach this morning where, after a few stretches and words to the Almighty, they paired off for some flotation time in the water:  some kind of aquatic meditation I suppose.  These people have certainly established themselves in this part of the world and, even though I can't tell of any grievances, they seem to be well accepted in the community by other Mexicans.  So why do they annoy me? Heheh. 

Anyway, we eventually dropped my stuff at another little room on the other side of town. It's simple and plain and cheap!  
 
After some more swimming and eating at ML, Alving told me they had got hold of a bass, so the jam was on again!  This time, Alving set up his small drum kit and we rocked and grooved the evening away.  A friend of the theirs, Jana, came along to have a listen, and play some djembe or sing a bit.  It felt good to hit a 4-string again, even though it was no Fender and sounded less than average through the tiny microbass amp!
 
And as I suspected, we ended up at another restaurant in Mazunte for a late night taco and beer.  It's been a good day all round, even though I was a little surly this morning.  Must have woke on the wrong side of bed I guess, hehe.

Comments

1

Sounds like you wanted to tell the hippies to get up off their @rses and actually do something other than relaxing around the place being all peaceful. a bit of action and work goes a long way. The worker in you may have become irritated maybe? I wonder if surly Matt came out due to a subconscious urge to go do a bit of hippy bashing :)

Cheers,

S.

  Steve Watson Feb 18, 2013 12:06 PM

About mattso


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Mexico

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.