Existing Member?

Life Love & Adventure Follow my journeys around this little blue planet as I tread wearily into unknown waters, sipping on the nectars of ancient fruit trees, grappling linguistics with foreign tongues, and bathing in exotic sensations ...

Souvenirs and pizza

MEXICO | Sunday, 17 February 2013 | Views [372] | Comments [1]

A nice slow start today after a good sleep.  Breakfast was at La Mora and I checked out a small art craft shop across the road.   I bought a few small things, wrist bracelets, a sarong, a little wooden 'doll of death' for want of a better description.  I've been on the lookout for a necklace but so far nothing I like has turned up.  Still plenty of time though.

Back at the Mexico Lindo now and after a good swim, lunch and a couple of beers, the hammock claimed an hour of snooze time.  The tide is low, the waves are small, some cloud has come in, and people are doing what they do best here - enjoying themselves :)
 
I helped the boys load up some drinks for next week's party back at the small room still standing at San Agustito.  Some crew had gathered by then, so a few beers at sunset made a great way to signal in the evening.  There was a little bit of surf so we just sat and watched the different riders do their thing for a while.  One of the crew was an Argentinian guy, Max, who was leaving the next day, so we all went out for pizza to mark the occasion.  La Termita is a beautiful place that makes some of the best pizza in town and it certainly didn't disappoint this time around.
 
It's a little awkward for me not being able to understand or join in on social conversation in these circumstances, but I think I've mastered the glazed look and half smile to indicate I am interested even though I haven't got a clue, heheh.  Now and then some English translation will be offered, for which I'm truly thankful, but I try to contribute when I can.  Still, it's hard not to come across as a dumb-arse when you can only speak like a 6 year old :)

Comments

1

Hahaha. loved the paragraph where you mentioned not being able to understand the lingo. That would be truly awkward. But a good fart joke can stir things up....or demonstration. it's universal language. (Just a little advice for social situations mate :)
You could employ the Antonio Banderas method from The Thirteenth Warrior (it's a movie) where he learned to speak Nordic by simply listening. That seemed to work for him within a few minutes and he was cool from there on in :))

Keep up the relaxing mate. It seems to be charging you up for when you return home. I'm about to check out your latest pics. Seems to be one of you with your chest puffed out hahahha.

Cheers,

s.

  Steve Watson Feb 18, 2013 12:13 PM

About mattso


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Mexico

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.