Existing Member?

Life Love & Adventure Follow my journeys around this little blue planet as I tread wearily into unknown waters, sipping on the nectars of ancient fruit trees, grappling linguistics with foreign tongues, and bathing in exotic sensations ...

Huatulco

MEXICO | Thursday, 14 February 2013 | Views [378] | Comments [1]

As I'm getting used to the way things work around here, I knew the Mexico Lindo is closed on Tuesdays.  So breakfast was at another place, Los Palmitos, down the road, which quite frankly lacked everything the ML has going for it.  Nevertheless, it was fortuitous, because Alving indicated he had to run some friends of his to Huatulco airport, and Bambo suggested we could make an extended trip to show me Huatulco town.  Unfortunately, however, there wasn't enough room in the car, so Bambo kindly stayed behind to allow me to see another part of the Oaxacan coast. 

Alving's friends were an older couple from Switzerland, and once again my semi-German/semi-Spanish/semi-English language cocktail was useful to some extent, and I didn't even scramble my brain too badly this time!  His other friend was a lovely Mexican chick who spoke perfect English and who I wish I'd met a week ago!  Ah well - 'asi es la vida'.
 
We drove on to Huatulco after the airport, and was immediately struck with how much money had been invested in the place.  It's a town split into various sectors, some of which were developed specifically for the affluent and higher market tourist.  The hillsides are littered with condos, some that hadn't been finished being built.  All the gardens were landscaped, the road verges were a lush green, and there were many beachfront hotels that each controlled their own beach space.  We found our way to the public part of the beach, and walked past the mostly fat Americanos who probably spend most of the year behind executive desks in corporate boardrooms.
 
Thankfully, the centre of Huatulco still emits that lovely charm so common to many Mexican towns, with the central town square and rotunda, the church, and the ring of good restaurants and shops around its edge.  Our timing seemed right, it wasn't very busy and no one seemed to be in a rush, so we had a late lunch before making the drive back to San Agustinillo as the sun went down.
 
So as it was only the night before that I thought about a day trip, so the Universe answered the very next morning!  It's those little spontaneous moments that make life so interesting and keeps you wondering what's just around the corner :)

Comments

1

Just read the post which sounded like a brilliant day out for you mate. Re your scoring the trip right after thinking about it the night before, do you think maybe you're 'huna energy' is more powerful now you're conscious mind and your tension levels have eased? Just a theory. Keep up the relaxed 'asks' and see what happens. Later hombre :)

s.

  Steve Watson Feb 14, 2013 5:31 PM

About mattso


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Mexico

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.