Existing Member?

Life Love & Adventure Follow my journeys around this little blue planet as I tread wearily into unknown waters, sipping on the nectars of ancient fruit trees, grappling linguistics with foreign tongues, and bathing in exotic sensations ...

Skimboards

MEXICO | Wednesday, 13 February 2013 | Views [451] | Comments [1]

Whether I'd blown over the 7-day blues or settled my ailing stomach, my second week started off on a good note, and I don't mean that damed dawn service through the loudspeaker next door!  I later found out that its the national anthem they like to wake us tourists up to, not intentionally of course, but i noted it has curious similarities, at least in the first few lines, to 'She'll be coming round the mountain when she comes, she'll be coming round the mountain when she comes!'   

Anyway, a baguette and coffee, a long walk to Mazunte and back, and a cooling swim filled up the rest of the morning.  
 
It was 'la hora de cerveza' when I caught up with Bambo for lunch.  The whole afternoon idled by with eating, drinking, swimming, lazing, and for once I didn't feel too guilty about it.  As the evening drew in, the waves picked up and the young blokes on their 'skim boards' took to the water.  Skim boarding, as I found out, is a huge international sport.  So whether we do it in Australia or not, I don't know.  I imagine we would though, somewhere, surely, hehe.
Any of my skeg-head mates know?
 
I ended up staying in for the rest of the night, even skipping dinner.  These guys tend to eat late, and by that time, I was half-way to la la land.  I've been checking out what other sites there are in the vicinity, so maybe soon we'll get some day trips organised.
 

Comments

1

I didn't know skimboarding was an international sport either! amazing what you can get paid for these days. sounds like fun though....until one stacks it and gets sand in the crack :)
Hope you can find some interesting day trips to enjoy. Until your next post, stay happy, safe and relaxed.

S.

  Steve Watson Feb 13, 2013 1:27 PM

About mattso


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Mexico

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.