Existing Member?

Life Love & Adventure Follow my journeys around this little blue planet as I tread wearily into unknown waters, sipping on the nectars of ancient fruit trees, grappling linguistics with foreign tongues, and bathing in exotic sensations ...

A great day for a jam!

MEXICO | Monday, 11 February 2013 | Views [375] | Comments [1]

Today started out, well, pretty good.  I slept past the sunrise, there was no dawn service next door, and even the Mexico Lindo restaurant was near vacant at breakfast time.  My fried eggs and toast stayed in my stomach and the rest of the world seemed just so far away :)

The routine of sleep, eat, walk, swim, sleep, eat, walk, swim, was starting to feel good, and when I think about it, that's one of the reasons I travelled half way around the world to be here.  Hammock time was only interrupted to get a nice fish lunch next door with Bambo and Alving, and now I'm back in the chill zone before heading to Jiody's for a jam.
 
We ended up going to Alving's glorious little place on the hillside above Mazunte just after sunset.  One electric guitar, one semi-acoustic, two amps, bongos, darabuka and a djembe - oh, and some beer ;). It was quite amazing how we clicked; Alving's so good on percussion, and Jiody and Bambo shared the lead guitar, while I 'bassified' the acoustic.  Jiody has similar blues-rock influences to me, so we happily played for hours.  You know you have a good jam when your fingers still hurt the next morning, hehe.
 
I was all prepared to call it a night but the boys were hungry, and we ended up in the next little town along called Zipolite where I indulged in a 'tlayuda' cooked on a roadside hot plate. Zipolite looked like another hippy 'Mecca' like Mazunte with plenty of young crew walking the main tourist strip.  It made me appreciate San Agustinillo even more, being the smaller chill-out town between these other two with the night life.  Sounds like I'm getting sedate in my old age? Not quite - Soy un estrella del rock! Heheh.

Comments

1

Hi again mate. Great news to hear you're back up and running with your stomach. Even better to hear that you've 'had a fix' of music and enjoyed it so much. maybe a bit more of that to come while you're there. The picture you posted with the blog looks very inviting and cosy. Seems the simple life is truly the best :)

Cheers,

S.

  Steve Watson Feb 11, 2013 11:51 AM

About mattso


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Mexico

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.