Existing Member?

Life Love & Adventure Follow my journeys around this little blue planet as I tread wearily into unknown waters, sipping on the nectars of ancient fruit trees, grappling linguistics with foreign tongues, and bathing in exotic sensations ...

Pochutla

MEXICO | Friday, 8 February 2013 | Views [759] | Comments [1]

I still seem to be waking up before the sun but it makes for a great start to the day when you assimilate to the dawn collective, by that I mean the fading stars, the lulling tide, the scurrying of sand crabs and the crowing of distant roosters.   

After greeting the day I decided to try another place for breakfast recommended by Bambo.  I had the best waffle covered in fresh fruit in the best location ever! Not that I've actually done that before anywhere :).  I later found out that Bambo and Alving were going to a town called Pochutla to take care of some business about their San Agustito venture, so I joined them for the ride.  I needed to get some more cash out anyway, and the nearest ATM was in Pochutla.
 
It's not a very pretty town as towns go but it has everything you need.  I got my cash and wondered around the streets for about an hour just checking out the local scene.  Plenty of interesting faces, sights and smells - from fresh fruit markets to the stalls selling fish and other stuff, you know the usual watches, shoes, and religious paraphernalia.  The Diablo theme is common in this country but one particular statue of 'death' dressed in a frock with a shepherd's crook intrigued me.  Alving later informed me that they are saints used by gangsters - now that makes sense!  O.o
 
We got back to SA, after a roadside stopover for fresh coconut juice and some tortillas, in time for another swim before the wind picked up.  I'll try not to rant on about the beach and the swimming too much, nor the hammocks, nor the good food and drinks at Mexico Lindo, but that's really what I've been spending most of my time doing!  :). So after indulging a bit more in all of these 'vices', it wasn't long before a late afternoon siesta called me back to slumberland :)

 

Tags: mexico, oaxaca, pochutla

Comments

1

Once again a fabulous blog. Matt, keep enjoying xx

  Barbara Feb 9, 2013 4:32 PM

About mattso


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Mexico

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.